BowsAndBulletsReviews

Spelled
Betsy Schow
Soldier (The Talon Saga)
Julie Kagawa
Crimson Frost - Jennifer Estep Things are finally working out for Gwen. Sure, Loki has escaped from his eternal prison, but her and Logan finally seem to be on the same page, going out on their first date. Things are looking up…until Logan’s dad arrives with the Proctorate to arrest her for freeing Loki. And everyone at school, beyond a handful of friends and a few teachers believe she really did intentionally help free Loki. Now, she is going to trial to and things don’t look good. Can she convince the Proctorate that she is innocent?

I have to say that this is my favorite so far in this series. It still doesn’t get 5 stars because the ending leaves something to be desired what, with Logan leaving and all, but it was very entertaining and addictive. Gwen’s back with her normal spunkiness, even with the entire school torturing her and the Powers That Were hounding her for freeing Loki. It weighs down on her a lot, but that doesn’t stop her from being determined to figure out why Reapers broke into the school just to steal some jewelry and who is behind this whole plot to get her thrown in jail for Vivian’s crimes.

We get to see a bit more of Grandma’s kickass-ness. Man, I love that little old lady. And then there is all the extra Logan time we get….yeah do I really need to comment? Sure, he’s cocky and overly self-assured, but he always manages to keep Gwen happy and smiling even at the worst of times and really what more can you ask for? The romance between those two is totally swoon-worthy. I’ve also got to hand it to Estep for keeping me in the dark for a lot of this. Maybe I was denser than I normally am, but I didn’t see the ending coming until Gwen figures it out and I didn’t suspect a certain someone of being a reaper at all until Gwen revealed that he/she was.

This is a great installment of the Mythos Academy series and I can’t wait to read the next one.