BowsAndBulletsReviews

Beneath the Sugar Sky
Seanan McGuire
Crooked Kingdom: A Sequel to Six of Crows
Leigh Bardugo
Breathless - Brigid Kemmerer Nick Merrick has always been the level headed one, the unofficial peacekeeper among his hotheaded brothers. But his personal issues are finally starting to get the better of him and he doesn’t know if he’s brothers will understand or where to turn.

Okay, I have to say that I never saw this coming. Maybe I’m just blind or maybe there really were no clues at all, but I would never guessed that Nick Merrick is a closet gay. And so self-conscious that he can barely breathe. He always seemed to be the most together of the bunch and now that we finally get a peek into his mind, we can see that he’s terrified that he won’t be able to overcome his homosexual tendencies and that his brothers won’t understand, especially his twin. When Adam shows up, he finds it harder and harder to fight his attraction. The tension builds beautifully. I just wanted to give poor Nicky a hug and tell him it would all be alright. I don’t think he really has anything to worry about with his brothers because they are so fiercely loyal, but we’ll see how that plays out. I can’t wait to read his full novel to see how that turns out….too bad Hunter’s books up next. It’ll definitely be worth the wait though!

****Thank you to Kensington Books for providing me with an eARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review****