BowsAndBulletsReviews

Welcome To Showside
Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls, #1) - Krystal Wade I was somewhat disappointed by this novel. In the beginning, I was bored by the story line. I was irritated by the fact that I am reading yet another paranormal novel where the main chick has a gorgeous male friend who is head over heels for her and she is too dense to see it or acknowledge it. The further I got, the more irritated I became. I kept thinking, “great, here is another novel where the main chick has be ‘chosen’ to save the world for no apparent reason.” Even though this novel is not about vampires, I could not stop myself from making comparisons to [b:Twilight|41865|Twilight (Twilight, #1)|Stephenie Meyer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361039443s/41865.jpg|3212258] and the House Of Night series (especially the HON series) and that in and of itself is not a compliment.

That being said, somewhere in the middle, the story captured me. For a small portion of time, I was enraptured and I had to know what was happening with Arland and how they were going to cure Brad and just what would happen in general. So somewhere along the way, the plot and action pick up enough to keep me mildly entertained.

Then towards the end, I was once again having to fight myself to keep reading. I think a lot of my problems are with Kate, who deliberately ignores Brad’s feeling for her when her family and friends tell her over and over again that he is in love with her. In fact, I found her to be a lot like Zoey from the House of Night series, except for the whole promiscuous bit because whereas Zoey seems to redefine the word, Kate is still very chaste in her relationships. In the end, I guess this novel just wasn’t for me. It’s well written, but the characters feel a little flat and it ends with a horrid cliffhanger. Hopefully someone out there will enjoy it more than I did.

****Thank you to Curiosity Quills Press for providing me with an eARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review****