BowsAndBulletsReviews

Spelled
Betsy Schow
Soldier (The Talon Saga)
Julie Kagawa
Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick - Joe Schreiber First off thanks to Froggy at http://www.froggaritasbookcase.com for having the awesome giveaway where I won this book. I don’t know quite what I was expecting when I started reading this, but I got so much more. It’s fast paced and action packed and I couldn’t put it down, reading almost all of it in one sitting. I loved the characters and I felt like the situation was very believable. Perry seemed like a very relatable guy and I could see exactly where he was coming from, battling his desire to please his father and his own desires to do things that wouldn’t. I loved reading from a guys perspective that seemed like a real guy. Too many female authors make the guy seem too feminine (with the exception of [a:Kendare Blake|4086715|Kendare Blake|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1276645449p2/4086715.jpg] and her amazing novel [b:Anna Dressed In Blood|9378297|Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)|Kendare Blake|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1317793801s/9378297.jpg|14261925]).

This novel really pulls you into the story in a way that keeps you motivated to continue reading at all costs. I LOVED Gobi. When something bad happens, she doesn’t whine or cry, she just takes action to make it right. As much as I loved reading from Perry’s perspective, I wouldn’t have minded a chapter or two from her point of view. She’s just such a badass. The way this novel starts out reminds me a good bit of the movie Collateral (with Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx). Just an innocent guy chauffeuring someone around when all of a sudden someone falls on top of his car dead and his passenger is apparently responsible. Not only does Gobi expect Perry to calming continue driving her to her destination, she also expects him to help her some. It’s amazing.

This novel was everything I was looking for when I picked it up and so much more. It’s funny, sincere, and has a great ending. Actually, I’ve read a review or two where people complain that the ending felt a little too short, but I thought it was perfect. If you are looking for a wild ride that will keep you on edge and laughing while you fall over the edge, this is it.