BowsAndBulletsReviews

Welcome To Showside
Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Daimon - Jennifer L. Armentrout Wow, just fucking wow. I shouldn’t be this shocked because I knew Jennifer could write extraordinarily well , but fuck I just wasn’t expected this.

This novella follows Alexandria Andros on a journey away from everything she has ever known. The half-blood daughter of a god, she was yanked out of the school for half-bloods by her mother who would never explain why they had to leave, simply saying “it’s not safe.” That was three years ago and they are still on the run and she still has not explanation for why they had to leave. Then the daimons arrive and everything for her changes drastically again. Running for her life with a scant few hundred dollars and no one to turn to, Alexandria must find a way to stay alive, by any means necessary.

To be so short, this was utterly captivating. Again, I don’t know why I’m so surprised by this fact because I felt the same way about Jennifer’s Lux series. I loved Alexandria immediately. This is no shy, mousey heroine who is too caught up in her own drama to notice the outside world, no sir. I have a feeling that by the time I finish this series, Alex will be the very best example of bad-ass heroine. Once again, I get left with a cliffhanger but since the next book in the series (in fact the next several books) is already available, I’ll save that exhausted tirade for another day. I don’t mind it as much in her books because she has yet to fall prey to that second book syndrome and her books always seem worth the wait. With all that being said, please people, ignore the few negative reviews out there and get a copy of the novella. You’ll definitely enjoy it.