BowsAndBulletsReviews

Beneath the Sugar Sky
Seanan McGuire
Crooked Kingdom: A Sequel to Six of Crows
Leigh Bardugo
Die for Me - Amy Plum I really adored this book. I picked it up because my baby sister kept raving about it and even though the description sounds like yet another average YA supernatural romance, I gave it a try. I'm glad I did.

I won't waste your time with a half-asses summery because there are several out there that are written way above my writing ability, but I will tell you some of the many reasons I loved this book. One of the biggest ones is there is no insta-love. Kate is attracted to Vincent right off the bat, but instead of obsessing over him and stalking him, she......pause for effect.....treats it like a normal crush! Then, after they start dating and she finds out that he is a that he has to die repeatedly to save other people, she's runs away. She doesn't do that whole "I can't live without you and I'll deal with anything because I LOVE you", instead opting for the "This is fucking insane and I'm out of here" mindset. For those wanting a happy ending, don't worry, it's all worked out by the end, but it's refreshing to see an author treat teen love like just that.

I also loved the plethora of quirky side characters. Ambrose, Jules, Charlotte, Charles, and so on. I loved them all, even Kate's grandparents.

I can't say enough good things about this book. It really is a superb novel, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great YA supernatural read.