BowsAndBulletsReviews

Welcome To Showside
Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Fateful - Claudia Gray I was a little weary going into this novel. One of my main points of a good novel is a happy ending and knowing this takes place upon the Titanic obviously scares me a little. For all those like me who demand a happy ending, fear not! This book has one. I was also weary because I'm not the biggest Evernight fan. I thought it was one of those series that could have been better. And again, those with my same concerns, fear not! This novel is much better than the Evernight series.

One thing I loved was seeing both the "good" werewolf and the "bad" one. I also really liked Alec's wolf form and how in that state he was highly protective of Tess. This novel read much like a historical romance novel would, but without the descriptive sex scene or british cursing. In fact, my only issue with this novel was how Ms Gray seemed to talk down to the audience a bit, explaining the older english terms. Now, maybe I've read one too many historical romance novels, but I think it's fairly easily to infer from context that when a female character says "I am ruined" she means she has had sex outside of marriage. Beyond that small complaint, this novel was perfect.