BowsAndBulletsReviews

Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor ::sighs::
This book was amazing. I flat out loved it, all of it. I loved the world, the main heroine (which is unusual for me, I usually find them to be TSTL), the hero, the minor characters, the writing, etc. Seriously, the more I read, the more I wanted to read. I was ecstatically happy at the absence of the ever-present in YA love triangle. ::does happy dance:: Then why the sigh, you ask? I'll tell you why, because it is yet another book with a stupid fucking cliffhanger ending. See this face? It's not a happy gnome face.

Seriously YA authors, why all the cliffhangers? It seems like every damn YA book I pick up these days has a cliffhanger and a year or more wait for a sequel. Is it really necessary to torture you're readers like that? Why use that craptastic technique to ensure that people will want to buy your next book? Can't you just trust that you have written a good story and that the people who enjoyed it will happily buy the next one to see what happens next? Take a page out of Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series and leave out the cliffhangers, PLEASE!