BowsAndBulletsReviews

Welcome To Showside
Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Marked (House of Night, #1) - P.C. Cast,  Kristin Cast This book had good bits and bad bits. The biggest bad part is I abhor Zoey Redbird. Seriously the girl irks me beyond belief which is hard to deal with in a novel written in first person. She's whiny and selfish (and trust me, it gets worse as the series progresses). BUT, I love the world around her. I loved her friends, her enemies, and the mythology of the House Of Night. This book also had enough mystery to keep me going when I really wanted to run screaming "Damn Zoey, shut up!". Would I really reccomend this book to anyone? Probably not. There are too many plot wholes and I have to many issues with the main character to submit a friend to dealing with her, but I am going to finish the series myself. I have a morbid curiousity to see how it ends.
Oh, and for any Christians who are contemplating reading this, if you are offended by bad portrayals of the Christian faith, steer clear of this. They have a religion called the People Of Faith which will offend you to no end.