BowsAndBulletsReviews

Welcome To Showside
Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor - Lucy Christopher This novel is poignant and heartbreaking. It is also completely capitvating and I adored every second I spent reading it. This is that book you read when you know you want a good long cry and a perfectly not happy ending.
This is the story of Gemma who is kidnapped and taken to the middle of the Australian desert. During her time there, she does everything possible to escape but can't seem to get out and slowly she falls for Ty and you fall for him with her. It is written in such a way that you experience her pain and her anger and her sorrow. You, like her, want to slap Ty and scream at him for stealing her, but also want him by her side when she almost dies of a snake bite. It is written in the form of a letter from Gemma to Ty. And in the end, when she decides that in court, she'll tell the whole truth (not that Ty is evil or that he rescued her in so many ways), just the truth and hope that they go easy on him, you cry with her because you know he's gonna go to jail.