BowsAndBulletsReviews

Welcome To Showside
Ian McGinty
Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
Ethan - P.T. Michelle Ethan Harris is haunted by incredibly vivid violent dreams and a voice that speaks to him of dark things. He struggles to maintain a normal façade, keeping all his secrets at any cost and it works fine until he sees Nara Collins. For reasons he cannot understand, her mere presents calms his darker sides and though he knows he can never allow himself to be close to her, he is too fascinated to stop watching and obsessing over her. The more he watches, the more he realizes that there is more to Nara then meets the eye and it makes it that much harder to fight his attraction to her.

Like most prequels, this makes me really want to read the first book in the series which I have had sitting on my kindle for quite some time. I’ll have to make more of an effort to find the time to read it. Ethan was a very interesting leading man, with his darkness and his affinity for animals, dogs especially. It’s obvious his life has been far from easy and I just want to see things improve for him. Nara is a bit of a mystery since we only see her via Ethan’s perspective and they don’t actually speak until the very end of this shockingly short novella, but if the synopsis of the next book is any indication, she will be a fascinating character as well.

This has successfully done its job of whetting my appetite for more and I definitely plan on starting the next novel as soon as possible!

****Thank you to All Night Reads for providing me with an eARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review****