BowsAndBulletsReviews

Leigh Bardugo

Review for Dream Dark (Caster Chronicles #2.5) by Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia

Dream Dark: A Beautiful Creatures Story - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

This review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

This novella follows Link in during his realization that he was bitten by a supernatural being and is now an incubus.  This includes running around the Caster tunnels and lots of facetime with Macon.

It's an interesting way to tell Link's tale because it's still told via Ethan's voice, even in scenes where Link is alone.  Link has been a favorite character of mine since book one, as has Macon, so the fact that we get lots of time with both here made overjoyed me.  This is also the first thing from this series I've read since I've seen the film and I'm delighted to inform everyone that this still holds as much appeal as before.  I was scared that the film may have ruined the books for me because they changed so much.  Also because, since it's been a long time since I've read the first two books, I get some of the details confused or I just plain forget them.  This little novella brings it all back with startling clarity.

Not only does it tell a new story from a new "perspective" but it also reminded me of the fact that I loved the first two novels.  Really, if you loved the first two novels, than this will be right up your alley.  I can't wait to dive into Beautiful Chaos, which I happen to already have a hardback edition of as well as the audiobook.  :))

Tabitha's signature